I have been teaching workshops for over ten years, within the community, at private venues and in my own workspace and studio. I am happy to travel around the region to teach at community groups, arts for wellbeing groups, schools and speciality projects. I can help to write arts proposals for funding applications. Please contact me for information. (see ‘contact me’ page).
This list is an example of the types of settings:
- Studio based – felt making days from beginners to more advanced
- Private tuition – individual or small groups
- Invited tutor for community – 2018 Solway Coastwise project and Mull of Galloway Lighthouse Trust
- Schools – specific projects to fit with curriculum
- Community day care – arts for wellbeing and social inclusion – Alzheimer’s Scotland
- Specialist projects – Kirkudbright Arts and Crafts Trail
- Arts and crafts groups – teaching new skills
- Mental health projects – themed and focussed on wellbeing
- Arts hubs –adults and children’s projects
I can accommodate up to 5 students in my own studio at the Mull of Galloway. This can be a scheduled workshop or a private family/friends group.
These wonderful ladies tried their very creative hands with wet felting for the first time. Dorothy, Lauren and Kirsty made beautiful seascapes using merino fibres, mulberry silks, sari silks, nepps and art yarns in multiple layers. We had a great workshop, thank you...read more
WORKSHOP - this was a lovely day spent with Barbara in a one to one workshop. She had returned for her third workshop to update her skills in flower making and produced this wire wrapped stemmed flower with double layer of wet felted petals! She is going to bead and...read more
‘Seascape’ - ‘Workshop in a Box’ £30 plus pp. Create a lovely seascape, fibre, silks, nepps and yarn, bubble wrap and netting and step by step instructions inside the gorgeous blue box lid. Just add soap, water and creativity when embellishing with stitching! For aged...read more
First time feltmakers achieving wonderful land and seascapes in one of my private 2018 workshops at my studio.read more