Workshop Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions protect us both, I hope you understand, in this litigious time we find ourselves in, that the following is both necessary and unnecessary given that I have never, in fifteen years of teaching, had to enforce nor do I expect to enforce, any of these conditions as I find all my ‘friends’ a pleasure to be and work with.
If you book and pay for a workshop with Linda Irving Felt Artist, you have read and accepted the terms and conditions stated below and agree to be bound by them.
- Workshops include all materials to make the item specified in the literature for the advertised workshop.
- The maximum class size is 6 adults (18 years+) and the minimum is 2. If you book and the minimum number is not reached, I reserve the right to offer an alternative date.
- If you cancel or cannot attend for any reason; Cancellation policy;
30 days before the workshop = 75% refund of the full fee
Less than 30 days before the workshop = you can send someone in your place, or I may have a waiting list and can re fill the place, however if both options are unsuccessful you will receive only 50% refund. I require the full name and contact details of the person who is replacing you.
- If I cancel the workshop due to unforeseen circumstances, I will offer a replacement workshop but cannot accept any responsibility for 3rd party costs such as travel and accommodation. Alternatively I will offer a full refund.
- Inclement weather conditions; An alternative date will be offered for your workshop, if you cannot attend, a full refund will be given.
- The full amount for the workshop is payable within 7 days of booking regardless of the workshop date and confirmation of booking is sent upon receiving payment in full. This guarantees your place.
- Photography – you may photograph your own work, no recordings or live film will be allowed due to participant confidentiality. I will be requesting consent to take photos for future publicity of workshops and will publish on my web and facebook pages, please advise if you wish to opt out and you will be required to sign, or refuse to sign, a consent form for photography on the day of the workshop. This does not affect you participating wholly in the workshop.
- Copyright – I have developed my felt making methods and workshop structure over many years of teaching and experimentation, by accepting my terms and conditions, you agree not to replicate my classes within any business structure you may have. My classes are designed to teach you the basic felt techniques to adopt and transform for your individual creative pursuits, not for your financial gain through replication of my teachings.HOUSEKEEPING
- Tea/coffee and cake are offered by way of refreshment, however, please bring a packed lunch. For those with severe or life threatening allergies – please contact me prior to booking.
- My workshop is heated for your comfort
- My workshop is wheelchair accessible – however my studio is 100 yards from my house where the toilet is located up a small (6 stairs) flight of stairs.
- There is free on site parking on my land and in the vicinity.
- I cannot accommodate any family members in the studio whilst the workshop is in progress unless a registered carer is required to assist which MUST be notified when booking due to space considerations.
- Please note; whilst felt making is a therapeutic, creative, relaxing and amazing art form there is a certain physicality to the rolling and fulling process. There is help in the workshop for those who may be limited by their physical ability and this should not preclude you from participation.
- I will not accept any form of verbal racism, homophobia or sexism in my studio and reserve the right to ask anyone to leave should their comments/behaviour offend others. It is a non-smoking environment however, I can make arrangements for you to smoke away from the studio area and undercover.
- I am fully insured however there are certain areas within my grounds that are not intended for use by visitors to workshops such as the stream and parts of steep banking to the stream. Your area is confined to the studio, toilet facility area and outside garden seating area which will be explained upon arrival. I cannot accept responsibility for your wellbeing outside of these areas or the wellbeing of your children or pets visiting my home.