Your creative retreat from the world!
We are open and accepting bookings now – please see below for details, prices and terms.
“I cannot thank Linda and family enough for a weekend that was so relaxing it felt like a week! – Julie”
The Hideaway is modern and light, has a bathroom with shower and toilet and a kitchen with fridge and cooking facilities. There is a dining table with 2 chairs. The beds are sofas by day and turn into separate beds at night, you will be provided with all the linen, duvets, towels and kitchen towels. The Hideaway itself is fully heated and has radiators in the shower room and main living area.
What guests are saying …
“After a busy week at work what better to look forward to than a weekend of felting with the lovely Linda.
Sheena and I drove through the beautiful countryside bathed in sunshine towards our hideaway for the weekend.
We arrived to an incredible view and The Hideaway, spotlessly clean, expertly equipped with extremely comfy beds and a fantastic welcome from Linda and the family.
We found everything we needed in the kitchen to enable us to make our dinner, had a mooch in the gallery and a chat with Linda about what we both wanted to make over the weekend.
After a wonderful nights sleep a cuppa overlooking the mull and a slice of toast the fun began.
Linda led us through the process of felting and advised us on colours, textures and design just enough to make sure the felting process went well and to allow our own creativity to shine.
After a lovely day of felting, cups of tea and a lovely lunch we popped off to the pub for dinner then home for a shower, nice and hot with soft towels and another night in the comfy beds.
Large pictures made and drying, we made lovely pots on the Sunday, I really enjoyed embedding things into my felt to make pods around my pot.
I cannot thank Linda and family enough for a weekend that was so relaxing it felt like a week!
We will return. X”
Close to the Mull of Galloway
The Hideaway is a brand new self-contained accommodation let which has been built next to my art studio/workshop within the grounds of our home. It is located on the road to the Mull of Galloway Lighthouse. This is just 2 miles from the centre of Drummore village, Scotland’s most southerly village.
The Hideaway can sleep 2 adults and is pet-free accommodation. We have a dog and a cat ourselves in our home and grounds so we cannot accept any animals.
Book yourself a workshop
Anyone can stay at The Hideaway and it is the perfect space for my workshop students to stay whilst booking onto my felt making courses.
At least one of the guests needs to be of adult age and the other can be your child of 10yrs +.
What else is here?
We have The Mull of Gallery onsite, featuring the work of many local artists. We live on site and receive visitors to the Gallery most days but these visits are sporadic and should not disturb you as the area we live in is very quiet and tranquil. There is traffic to and from the Lighthouse but evenings are very quiet as facilities at the Mull Lighthouse site close at 5.30pm.
The Gallery may receive visitors up to 7pm on hot, sunny summer days! Be mindful that a torch may be of use as we have no light pollution and if you like evening walks you will need a torch. We have amazing starry skies which are delightful!
Locally we have
- stunning walks along the lanes and superb local scenery out to Luce Bay and the Irish Sea
- Auchie Glen, a beautiful walk through a wooded glen eventually ending up at the sea or a shorter walk back to The Hideaway
- For those with seasoned walking boots, you can wander to the Lighthouse approx. 2.5 miles (5 miles round trip). The Lighthouse is open for visitors – check their website for times
- Three beaches, Portankill Bay, East Tarbet and West Tarbet within walking distance with the occasional seals visiting
- The Mull of Galloway Lighthouse, RSPB reserve and Gallie Craig café.
- Drummore Village with 2 pubs, eating out, a café There is a local, well stocked shop with free cash machine and post office.
- Just a short drive to Port Logan, one of the most spectacular bays around.
- Port Logan Fishpond – a unique experience
- Logan Botanical Gardens, a must see for any visitor to the area just a short drive from the Hideaway
Whats in the wider area?
- Portpatrick is approx. 40 mins by car and is a picturesque fishing port which has many wonderful seafood eateries and the most wonderful sunsets.
- There are several other beaches in the area, all accessible and the most stunning is Sandhead beach which is 7 miles of sand.
- You are strongly advised to make sure you have fuel in your car, the nearest filling station is in Stranraer 20 miles north but there is an electricity station at Logan Botanic Gardens.
- There are many supermarkets and food shops in Stranraer but the local shop in Drummore is also well stocked with provisions
- Glenwhan Gardens and Castle Kennedy Gardens within easy car journey
- Stranraer Harbour
- Cairnryan Port for day trips to Belfast
- Corsewall Lighthouse at the north end of the peninsula
What’s included in our package?
- You will be provided with all you need regarding linen and duvets/pillows, towels and tea-towels
- In your Welcome Pack you will have six fresh eggs, one homemade loaf, some cake and milk and complimentary tea/coffee
- Please bring any other food you may require throughout your stay. You are welcome to pick veg in season from the garden and we have many herbs too
- All unlimited heating and hot water is included.
- WiFi is available
- A cool air fan if required can be requested
- Full use of the garden facilities with sea view, chairs and tables. Please DO NOT bring or use barbeques as all our buildings are of wooden construction and we cannot have open flames within the grounds
- Complimentary small soap and shampoo bars are provided. These are also sold in the Gallery, are good quality and locally handmade
What you may need to bring:
- Phone or USB charging plugs
- Food for your own consumption
- Your camera, you won’t want to miss the sunsets on those spectacular evenings and a torch for evening walks as there is no street lighting therefore no light pollution here
- Binoculars for the varied wildlife
- Imagination – there is so much inspiration if you are a creative soul
- If you want to take a workshop, pre booking is essential and my felt making workshops are £90 per person per day (6 hours) or £50 per person half day (3 hours, all materials included) with a 10% discount for guests of the Hideaway
- I can arrange other arty workshops from a host of creative friends such as silk scarf dyeing, painting, bookbinding – just ask and I will enquire for you.
- You may request anything extra by arrangement
Due to the fast changing nature of Covid-19 regulations, you will be required to comply with the most current regulations in place on the date of your arrival.
I am currently registered with the ‘Good to Go’ scheme and request that all visitors adhere to the current guidelines.
This may include wearing face masks when in close contact with us/visitors to the gallery and hand sanitising if you enter the Gallery or Studio. This is for everyone’s safety.
Minimum stay 2 nights
|Based on two sharing||
1 Dec – 28 Feb
1 March – 31 May
1 June – 31 Aug
1 Sept – 30 Nov
|2 night stay||£200.00||£230.00||£250.00||£230.00|
1 Dec – 28 Feb
1 March – 31 May
1 June – 31 Aug
1 Sept – 30 Nov
|2 night stay||£150.00||£170.00||£190.00||£170.00|
How to book
You may contact me in a number of ways and book directly. You can pay deposits by bank transfer (bank details will be emailed).
We are not on any booking site as we would like to keep a more personal touch for our guests.
Linda and John Irving
Mull of Galloway
Tel 01776 840442
Tel: 07870 705185
Terms and Conditions
All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions which you are deemed to have read and agreed to when making a booking.